Saturday, September 1, 2012

You Know My Heart

Dear Parker,

I wonder if you ever plan on letting me get through a week without making me cry and thanking the Lord above for giving me such an amazing blessing. Probably not. I don't know where you come up with some of the stuff that you say, except that you are the purest, most beautiful little soul I have been blessed to meet at this point in my life. If your brother grows the same way, I can truly say that there is nothing else I can ask for in life to make me happy. You are more than I had ever hoped for.

It has been a rough week. I have been snapping a lot, and on Thursday evening I snapped about something while getting you ready for bed. The look of shock and sadness on both your faces was enough to make me instantly regret losing my temper. I told you both I was sorry, and you got this angelic sweet smile on your face, reached out and put your hand on my chest and assured me:

"It's OK, Mommy. You are so good in your heart. You are the best Mommy ever."

Fighting tears, I quietly told you I wasn't, as I thought to myself that no one, no one who had ever walked this Earth could deserve a son as wonderful as you, least of all me. Still smiling you assured me that I was indeed the best Mommy.

"You are the best of the best, Mommy. The best of the best."

I know you won't always feel that way. I know that one day you will tell me I don't understand. That I am wrong and I am ruining your life. And I will remember the little boy who put his hand over my heart and told me that I was so good in my heart, and the best of the best. 

Until next time, be good, be happy, and know that I love you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment