Saturday, June 23, 2012

Brave

Dear Parker,

Today you had a special day out with just Mommy and Aunt Harmony while Hootie took Sebastian to the mall. We took you to see the new movie, Brave. Even though it is a "princess movie" is is about Scotland and bears and battles...I hoped you would like it. 

We had such a great time. You were such a big boy, sitting there in your theater chair, trying to stay close to the edge because if you scooted too far back the chair tried to flip closed on you. You had your very own drink and shared popcorn with Mommy and Auntie. Such a big boy was sitting next to me. I have to do these kinds of things more often. It is hard, living so far away from family, because there is no one here usually to watch your little brother while we take you to do big boy stuff. I promise we will make the effort more though, even if you just have a special day out with Mommy or Daddy while the other stays home with Sebastian. He will have his special days too. I want you both to know how very special you are to us, both as a pair and on your own.

I had so much fun with you today. You only got a little scared once, and cuddled up next to me so I could whisper reassurances in your ear. I loved the movie, but I loved watching your face as you took it in more. 

After we left, you insisted that you too needed a bow and arrows just like Merida. Always one to give in to reasonable requests, you now have a little purple and blue set of bow and arrows. We spent some time in the back yard together where I taught you how to shoot it. I am pleased and proud to say that you are a natural. Perhaps archery is in your future. 

Until next time, be good, be happy, and know that I love you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment