Monday, June 25, 2012

Hi, Dada! Hi, Dada!

Dear Sebastian,

I worry about you a lot. How you are taking this whole deployment, but mostly how you are going to take Daddy coming home. We have an established routine, you, me, and Parker, and I am worried how it is going to unsettle you to have someone else thrown into this.

I am doing everything I can to make sure you know your Daddy. You, like your brother before you, have a Daddy book full of pictures of the two of you. You also have the amazing benefit of Skype, here you get to see Daddy on the computer about once a week. Usually you watch, maybe smile a bit, but today you gave your daddy such a thrill. Me too, but nothing compared to what you must have done to your Daddy's heart when you stuck both hands in the air, began waving enthusiastically, and yelled at the top of your lungs "Hi, Dada! Hi, Dada! Hi, Dada!" It was amazing and beautiful, and it lets me know that maybe I am more worried than you are. There are some things that can not be challenged by distance, no matter how great. I think perhaps the bond of father and son is one of those.

I can't wait to see you in his arms again, yelling "Hi, Dada! Hi, Dada!" and able to kiss his face instead of a computer screen.

Until next time, be good, be happy, and know that I love you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment