Saturday, August 11, 2012

Harry Potter And Parker

Dear Parker,

You have discovered the magical world of Harry Potter, and in doing so have made your Mommy so happy and proud. We were all cuddled up together one day watching the first movie on TV. You were asking so many questions and wanted so badly to help Harry fight off Voldemort, and you looked at me with a  big grin and asked if I would read you the books when you were bigger. "When I'm five?" you asked eagerly, and how could I refuse?

So, when you are five, I will start reading you the first book and we will see where we go from there. I am sure these are books and movies we will share many, many times as you and your brother grow. They are such a magical series. (The books are better, of course, but the movies aren't terrible.) I am so excited to be sharing something with you that I enjoyed so much when I was younger, and still do if it comes to that.

I even made you a magic wand last night using my amazing Magical Mommy Skills. (Which involve dowel rods, a glue gun, and paint.) You spent a large part of today using that wand to help Harry fight Voldemort during a Harry Potter Marathon on ABC Family. I am glad you enjoy the movies, though I can't wait to share the books with you. They are better. Of course. Still, as amazing as you are, I am not sure you have the patience to sit through pictureless chapter books yet. I am probably, once again, underestimating you. I am sorry for that. I seem to do it a lot. It's not that I don't know you are amazing, it is just that I have a hard time wrapping my mind around how amazingly awesome you are. It's too much for one mind to take in. :0)

Enjoy your magic, little boy. You make mine every day.


Until next time, be good, be happy, and know that I love you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment